Friday, March 27, 2009

Breaking the Power of Fear

Even the most basic reading of the New Testament illustrates that when the Kingdom of God breaks into this present evil age, power encounters occur. The rule of God overthrows the rule of darkness, oppression falls off people, and they come into the mercy of the Father.
This happens everywhere Jesus goes in the New Testament: whether it's a vacation at a lakeside retreat (Mark 4 & 5), a local church gathering or after a dinner at a friend's house (Luke 4). Jesus loves undoing the power of the enemy! As He announces the Kingdom's presence, the pseudo kingdom of the devil is pushed back and evil spirits run for cover.
Two weeks ago during a ministry time after worship, the Holy Spirit gave a word of knowledge about freeing people from nightmares and intense fear during the night hours. One of the people who responded was a girl who had been plagued with fearful dreams and night terrors constantly. We prayed a very simple prayer for her, commanding nightmares to stop by Jesus' authority and inviting the presence of the Spirit of God around her. This girl told me a few nights ago that she hasn't had a nightmare since!
This is the in-breaking of God's kingdom, pushing back darkness and bringing His presence to the people He loves. I'm so glad we get to participate in His work...

2 comments:

taspecht said...

Hey Trevor! It's me Timmy and I just wanted to share a quick story with you.
I was recently talking on the phone with a friend who was telling me about a girl he know that was suffering from nightmares and headaches. This was interesting because I had just read your latest blog entry about the girl who had been freed from nightmares. I read my friend your blog entry and then told him that we were going to pray that Jesus would free his friend, and that she would wake up with no report of nightmares or headaches. Well today after I left the Vineyard here in Manhattan my friend gave me a call. When I answered he said "Timmy you'll never guess what happened!" He went on to tell me that his friend had woken up today with no experience of nightmares and had not had a headache all day! I can't tell you how excited I was!! To be a part of God doing something like this was so overwhelming!! Thank you for being an inspiration of what it means to step out in faith! You rock Trev! Thanks again,
timmy

Trev said...

Timmy!
This is a great kingdom story! Thanks for sharing it. Miss seeing you man.
Talk soon.